Shrimp with Garlic & Herb Butter Recipe
- Yield: 2 Servings
The herb butter may be prepared ahead and even frozen until ready to use.
- The Herb Butter:
- 1/2 pound lightly salted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- The Shrimp:
- 1/2 puond raw shrimp (8 - 10 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- To Prepare the Herb Butter: Soften the butter at room temperature for 1 hour. Whip the butter and all the other ingredients together with an electric mixer, food processor, or with a wire whisk. Cover and refrigerate until time to use.
- To Prepare the Shrimp: Preheat the oven to broil.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Butter a flameproof baking dish, just large enough to accomodate the shrimp in a single layer, with the 1 tablespoon butter. Arrange the shrimp, lightly salt and pepper. Add the white wine, place over direct heat and bring to a boil. After the wine boils, turn the shrimp over, allow to cook for less than 1 minute, and remove from heat. Be careful not to overcook.
- Dot the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the garlic and herb butter and place under the broiler until the butter melts. Serve at once.
- Variation: Substitute lobster tails or prawns.