Warm Chocolate Tart
- Yield: 2 Servings
The combination of chocolate and love is a double whammy. Chocolate contains caffeine-like substances which excite the system as well as the taste buds. There is nothing like a warm tart for dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the heavy cream and milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Place over high heat and bring contents to a boil. Remove from heat, add the chocolate, and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat the 2 eggs in a bowl. Slowly pour the warm chocolate and cream mixture in the bowl, whisking constantly.
- Pour the contents into the pre-baked Sweet Pie Crust and bake in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes until the custard is set. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the custard. The custard is ready if toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Variation: Garnish with a few fresh raspberries, a great combination.
- Course: Dessert